Gene Perez provides goal based, comprehensive financial planning and wealth management for individuals, families, and business owners. Gene focuses on your short and long-term financial goals, and works with you to adjust your current financial strategies to meet those targets. With over 15 years in the insurance and financial service industry, he offers unbiased recommendations and impartial guidance based directly on your needs and goals.
Gene has held the Certified Financial Planner™ designation since 2007. He was awarded the coveted Certificate of Financial Planning from Rice University after completing coursework in the areas of financial planning, insurance, taxation, investments, estate planning, and retirement and employee benefits planning.
A graduate of Texas A&M University, Class of 1993, Gene holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology. After graduation, Gene returned to his hometown of Houston and began his career in the insurance and financial service industry. He has held various positions within the industry including owning his own insurance and financial service agency, working as stock trader, and serving as as an independent financial planner. As a small business owner himself, Gene understands the unique financial needs of business owners.
Gene is very active in the Bryan/College Station community and enjoys spending time with family and friends, cooking, music, and cheering on his favorite sports teams. He is married with two children and three grandsons.
Groups and Associations
- Texas A&M Graduate Class of 1993
- College Station Noon Lions Club (Past Board Member)
- City of Bryan Toastmasters (Current President)
- Bryan College Station Chamber of Commerce (Ambassador)
- Hispanic Forum of Bryan College Station (Past Public Relations Officer)
Honors and Awards
- Bryan/College Station Chamber of Commerce, Ambassador Captain 2017 – 2018
- Toastmasters International, Competent Communicator designation 2017